Join us for First Minister’s Questions, live from the Scottish Parliament in Holyrood, starting with General Questions to Ministers.
Scottish Parliament – First Minister’s Questions.
11:40am General Questions
Sandesh Gulhane S6O-01668
1. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will confirm whether WhatsApp messaging by the health secretary and his ministers are covered by Freedom of Information legislation and the processes that are in place to archive these to prevent them being inadvertently lost or otherwise deleted.
Murdo Fraser S6O-01669
2. To ask the Scottish Government what assessment is made of the financial health of businesses and the viability of projects prior to the award of a grant of public funds.
Kaukab Stewart S6O-01670
3. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on the next steps for the national conversation to inform a new Dementia Strategy, which closed to responses on 5 December.
Alex Rowley S6O-01671
4. To ask the Scottish Government what progress it is making on addressing the reported care staff retention and recruitment challenge within social care.
Jenni Minto S6O-01672
5. To ask the Scottish Government what its latest assessment is of the potential impacts of the United Kingdom Internal Market Act 2020 and the Subsidy Control Act 2022 on future agricultural support schemes in areas such as Argyll and Bute.
Michael Marra S6O-01673
6. To ask the Scottish Government what its position is on the reported delays to the development of the Swallow Roundabout in Dundee.
Audrey Nicoll S6O-01674
7. To ask the Scottish Government, with regard to flooding in Scotland, what engagement it has had with the UK Government to mitigate the Great Risk Transfer, as described in a recent David Hume Institute report.
Ariane Burgess S6O-01675
8. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on the timeframe for the implementation of the recommendations of the 2016 Sludge Review into the spreading of sewage sludge on land.
12:00pm First Minister’s Questions
Douglas Ross S6F-01603
1. Question to be taken in Chamber.
Anas Sarwar S6F-01604
2. Question to be taken in Chamber.
Alex Cole-Hamilton S6F-01613
3. To ask the First Minister when the Cabinet will next meet.
Paul McLennan S6F-01626
4. To ask the First Minister whether she will provide an update on the roll-out of the Child Disability Payment.
Edward Mountain S6F-01608
5. To ask the First Minister how many single-crewed ambulances, responding to an emergency, have been deployed in the last six months.
Jackie Baillie S6F-01607
6. To ask the First Minister whether the Scottish Government will provide an update on whether it will instruct Scottish Water to freeze water rates for 2023-24 to help with the cost of living crisis.
Thank you to everyone who has supported our emergency fundraiser. We have been overwhelmed by your generosity and support and we are happy to confirm that we have reduced our debt sufficiently to give us time to grow our subscriber base and resolve our funding concerns. We have now set ourselves the target of adding 500 new subscribers in the first instance and then to grow the number of Broadcasting Scotland Supporters to a sustainable level that will enable us to employ staff to make more programmes.
Broadcasting Scotland is Scotland’s independent broadcaster, producing programmes from a Scottish perspective, targeting audiences, inside Scotland and beyond. We can only be the independent TV channel you want with your support, so please consider becoming a Broadcasting Scotland Supporter.