Parliament Live from Holyrood – 18/06/2020
Parliament Live from Holyrood including the First Minister Statement on the COVID-19 next steps.
12:30pm – First Minister Statement: COVID-19 Next Steps.
2:00pm Portfolio Questions – Constitution, Europe and External Affairs
Annabelle Ewing S5O-04412
1. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on its analysis of the Brexit negotiations.
Neil Bibby S5O-04413
2. To ask the Scottish Government what its position is on co-operation with Europe in relation to tackling COVID-19.
Sarah Boyack S5O-04414
3. To ask the Scottish Government, in light of the issues raised by the global Black Lives Matter protests, what steps it is taking to acknowledge and counter Scotland’s historic role in slavery and promote the contribution that can be made through its international development work with Commonwealth countries.
Jeremy Balfour S5O-04415
4. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to support vulnerable veterans during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Beatrice Wishart S5O-04416
5. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on Brexit negotiations.
Alex Rowley S5O-04417
6. To ask the Scottish Government what engagement and discussions it has had with the UK Government in relation to the forming of new trade agreements.
Joan McAlpine S5O-04418
7. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to evidence submitted to the Culture, Tourism, Europe and External Affairs Committee stating that over 320 financial services firms have taken steps to relocate to Europe before the end of the Brexit transition period.
Colin Beattie S5O-04419
8. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with the UK Government regarding the impact of Brexit on EU-UK relations, in light of concerns that any breakdown could have a detrimental impact, including in Scotland, on the response to issues such as the COVID-19 crisis.
Economy, Fair Work and Culture
Donald Cameron S5O-04420
1. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update of its plans to safely reopen sectors of the economy.
Gillian Martin S5O-04421
2. To ask the Scottish Government how it plans to respond to the loss of oil and gas jobs in the North East.
Annie Wells S5O-04422
3. To ask the Scottish Government what the economic impact of COVID-19 has been on businesses occupying shared premises.
Christine Grahame S5O-04423
4. To ask the Scottish Government, in light of the economic impact on retail, hospitality and leisure businesses, what discussions the economy secretary has had with the UK Government regarding the £51,000 rateable value ceiling on eligibility for the £25,000 support grant.
Maurice Golden S5O-04424
5. To ask the Scottish Government what priorities will guide its plans for a green economic recovery.
Neil Findlay S5O-04425
6. To ask the Scottish Government what action it takes to encourage employers and unions across major economic sectors to engage in national collective bargaining.
Claire Baker S5O-04426
7. To ask the Scottish Government what support is being provided to the theatre sector during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Iain Gray S5O-04427
8. To ask the Scottish Government what support it is offering to the live music festival sector to support the return of such events in 2021.
Education and Skills
Emma Harper S5O-04428
1. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on what support it is providing to young people and parents across Dumfries and Galloway to assist with education at home during the COVID-19 lockdown.
Stewart Stevenson S5O-04429
2. To ask the Scottish Government what work is being undertaken to ensure that young people from more disadvantaged backgrounds are not digitally excluded while learning from home.
Keith Brown S5O-04430
3. To ask the Scottish Government how issues relating to racism are addressed within the Scottish education system.
John Mason S5O-04431
4. To ask the Scottish Government, in light of the Black Lives Matter campaign, how dealing with racism and Scotland’s links with slavery are taught in schools.
Pauline McNeill S5O-04432
5. To ask the Scottish Government whether it plans to provide targeted support to 16- to 24-year-olds who have been shielding during the COVID-19 lockdown to help them gain employment.
James Kelly S5O-04433
6. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to ensure that the SQA grading process is fair and transparent for all pupils.
Mark Griffin S5O-04434
7. To ask the Scottish Government how blended learning will take account of families with more than one child.
Maureen Watt S5O-04435
8. To ask the Scottish Government what additional guidance and resources it is providing to local authorities to support the implementation of blended schooling.
Broadcasting Scotland is a new broadcaster for Scotland, producing programmes from a Scottish perspective, targeting audiences, inside Scotland and beyond. We can only be the independent TV channel you want with your support, so please consider becoming a Broadcasting Scotland Supporter. Click here for more information.