Join us for First Minister’s Questions live from the Scottish Parliament in Holyrood, starting with General Questions to Ministers.
Scottish Parliament – First Minister’s Questions.
11:40am General Questions
Liam Kerr S6O-03014
1. To ask the Scottish Government what support it offers to businesses in Aberdeen.
Maggie Chapman S6O-03015
2. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on its response to the recent Families Outside report, Staying Connected: Care-experienced children and young people with a sibling in prison or secure care .
Sandesh Gulhane S6O-03016
3. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to reports that the MV Isle of Islay will be launched on 16 March 2024.
Jamie Greene S6O-03017
4. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to reported comments by the Faculty of Advocates and the Law Society of Scotland that an exodus of defence solicitors has left the legal system close to collapse.
Russell Findlay S6O-03018
5. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to the statistics that it has published on criminal justice social work for 2022-23.
Sarah Boyack S6O-03019
6. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions the justice secretary has had with Police Scotland regarding potential station closures in Edinburgh.
Mark Griffin S6O-03020
7. To ask the Scottish Government whether its local development plan regulations will provide a framework for discounted sale tenure as part of any affordable home ownership requirements.
Karen Adam S6O-03021
8. To ask the Scottish Government what it is doing to encourage consumers to support businesses in their communities by shopping locally.
12:00pm First Minister’s Questions
Douglas Ross S6F-02733
1. Question to be taken in Chamber.
Anas Sarwar S6F-02734
2. Question to be taken in Chamber.
Ross Greer S6F-02735
3. To ask the First Minister whether he will provide an update on how the Scottish Government will continue to protect tenants in the private rented sector after the expiry of the rent cap under the Cost of Living (Tenants Protection) (Scotland) Act 2022.
Michelle Thomson S6F-02760
4. To ask the First Minister whether he will provide an update on the Scottish Government’s latest engagement with the UK Government regarding the status of the Grangemouth refinery.
Annie Wells S6F-02748
5. To ask the First Minister, in light of the Scottish Government’s plans to open the first safe drug consumption room in Glasgow later this year, what assurances he can provide that other areas of drugs policy, including spaces for residential rehabilitation, will not be deprioritised.
Pauline McNeill S6F-02753
6. To ask the First Minister what action the Scottish Government plans to take in response to the reported rise in attacks on prison guards and weapons found in prisons.
First Minister’s Questions is available live and on catch-up afterwards.
Thank you to everyone who has supported our emergency fundraiser. We have been overwhelmed by your generosity and support and we are happy to confirm that we have reduced our debt sufficiently to give us time to grow our subscriber base and resolve our funding concerns. We have now set ourselves the target of adding 500 new subscribers in the first instance and then to grow the number of Broadcasting Scotland Supporters to a sustainable level that will enable us to employ staff to make more programmes.
Broadcasting Scotland is Scotland’s independent broadcaster, producing programmes from a Scottish perspective, targeting audiences, inside Scotland and beyond. We can only be the independent TV channel you want with your support, so please consider becoming a Broadcasting Scotland Supporter.