First Minister’s Questions, live from the Scottish Parliament in Holyrood.
Scottish Parliament – First Minister’s Questions.
Join us for First Minister’s Questions, live from the Scottish Parliament in Holyrood.
11:40am General Questions
Tom Arthur S5O-03557
1. To ask the Scottish Government how it will support St Andrew’s Day events this year.
Iain Gray S5O-03558
2. To ask the Scottish Government what progress has been made with the planned improvements to the Sheriffhall roundabout on the A720.
Graham Simpson S5O-03559
3. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on its plans to improve the Glasgow-East Kilbride train line.
Dean Lockhart S5O-03560
4. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to the FSB Scotland report, Transforming Towns: Delivering a Sustainable Future for Local Places .
Mark Ruskell S5O-03561
5. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with the operators of the ethylene plant at Mossmorran regarding the climate emergency and the need for a just transition.
Richard Lyle S5O-03562
6. To ask the Scottish Government how much compensation has been paid out to residents by the M8 M73 M74 Motorway Improvements Project, including for noise pollution and house damage.
Donald Cameron S5O-03563
7. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to ensure that vessels operating on the Clyde and Hebrides Ferry Service are robust and reliable.
Tom Mason S5O-03564
8. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on progress of the Roberton review of the regulation of legal services.
Clare Adamson S5O-03565
9. To ask the Scottish Government what it is doing to encourage the uptake of the Best Start Foods payment in Motherwell and Wishaw.
Liz Smith S5O-03566
10. To ask the Scottish Government within what timescale it plans to deliver a single national computer network for Police Scotland.
12:00pm First Minister’s Questions
Jackson Carlaw S5F-03542
1. Question to be taken in the Chamber.
Richard Leonard S5F-03543
2. Question to be taken in the Chamber.
Patrick Harvie S5F-03544
3. Question to be taken in the Chamber.
Willie Rennie S5F-03545
4. Question to be taken in the Chamber.
Stuart McMillan S5F-03548
5. To ask the First Minister what action the Scottish Government is taking to alleviate the reported concerns regarding the number of police officers available to enforce a crackdown on drug driving.
Brian Whittle S5F-03558
6. To ask the First Minister what action the Scottish Government is taking to tackle stigma surrounding HIV.
12:45pm Members’ Business – Shona Robison S5M-18758
Social Security Scotland First Anniversary
That the Parliament notes that it has been one year since Social Security Scotland was established, employing around 400 people with its headquarters in Dundee; commends the aim of the new agency to ensure that the service is based on dignity and respect; is encouraged by research published in June 2019, which it understands showed high satisfaction levels with the service provided by Social Security Scotland; considers that thousands of people are already benefiting from the increased financial support that has been delivered, including the Carer’s Allowance Supplement and the three elements of the Best Start Grant; believes that, by removing barriers to application and promoting the take-up of benefits, more low-income households have received much-needed support; welcomes that nearly £13 million has already been paid out through Best Start Grants, and welcomes that the agency will also deliver the new Scottish Child Payment, which it understands has been described as a “game-changer” by antipoverty campaigners.
Broadcasting Scotland is a new broadcaster for Scotland, producing programmes from a Scottish perspective, targeting audiences, inside Scotland and beyond. We can only be the independent TV channel you want with your support, so please consider becoming a Broadcasting Scotland Supporter. Click here for more information.