Join us for First Minister’s Questions live from the Scottish Parliament in Holyrood, starting with General Questions to Ministers.
Scottish Parliament – First Minister’s Questions.
11:40am General Questions
Neil Bibby S6O-02512
1. To ask the Scottish Government what funding it will provide to support the work of the Inverclyde Task Force, including in relation to investment in facilities at Ferguson Marine.
Pauline McNeill S6O-02513
2. To ask the Scottish Government what its position is on whether the regeneration plans for Glasgow’s “Golden Z” will deliver the jobs and opportunities needed to grow the city’s economy.
Clare Adamson S6O-02514
3. To ask the Scottish Government, in light of Gas Safety Week taking place this week, what engagement it has had with community safety organisations regarding action to improve gas safety awareness.
Michael Marra S6O-02515
4. To ask the Scottish Government when it agreed the Investment Zones selection method with the UK Government.
Daniel Johnson S6O-02516
5. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking in response to the recommendation by the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child to “develop statutory guidance on the use of restraint on children to ensure that it is used only as a measure of last resort and exclusively to prevent harm to the child or others and monitor its implementation”.
Alexander Stewart S6O-02517
6. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to the Fraser of Allander survey that found that only 9% of businesses felt that the Scottish Government understands the business landscape in Scotland.
Paul O’Kane S6O-02518
7. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is regarding levels of attainment in Modern Studies in the most recent SQA exam results in Renfrewshire.
Douglas Lumsden S6O-02519
8. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on when it will deliver its conclusions on the review into the dualling of the A96, which were due to be delivered in the first half of 2023.
12:00pm First Minister’s Questions
Douglas Ross S6F-02349
1. Question to be taken in Chamber.
Anas Sarwar S6F-02350
2. Question to be taken in Chamber.
Ross Greer S6F-02368
3. To ask the First Minister what action the Scottish Government is taking in response to the first UN global stocktake report on the Paris Climate Agreement.
Jackie Dunbar S6F-02358
4. To ask the First Minister, in light of reports that no bids were received for offshore wind projects in the UK Government’s latest contract-for-difference round, what action the Scottish Government is taking to encourage investment in offshore wind and hydrogen power in Scotland.
Miles Briggs S6F-02371
5. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s response is to statistics reportedly showing that the number of complaints against Social Security Scotland has increased by 350% in one year.
Pauline McNeill S6F-02369
6. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government is doing to tackle repeat offending, in light of a recent report that found that people who experience frequent and serious repeat violence often do not bring this to the attention of the authorities.
Now is the time to grow and expand the reach of Broadcasting Scotland. The need for a fair and balanced independent broadcaster in Scotland has never been greater, and that is why we have now set a target of adding 10,000 new subscribers to grow the number of Broadcasting Scotland Supporters to a sustainable level that will enable us to employ staff to make more programmes.
Broadcasting Scotland is Scotland’s independent broadcaster, producing programmes from a Scottish perspective, targeting audiences, inside Scotland and beyond. We can only be the independent TV channel you want with your support, so please consider becoming a Broadcasting Scotland Supporter.