First Minister’s Questions, live from the Scottish Parliament in Holyrood.
Scottish Parliament – First Minister’s Questions.
11:40am General Questions
Fulton MacGregor S5O-03382
1. To ask the Scottish Government how it supports care-experienced young people into higher and further education.
Liam McArthur S5O-03383
2. To ask the Scottish Government what guidance it provides for college students regarding fees encountered for starting a course and then withdrawing.
Peter Chapman S5O-03384
3. To ask the Scottish Government what percentage of children in the NHS Grampian area who have mental health issues are being seen within the 18-week referral to treatment target.
Gil Paterson S5O-03385
4. To ask the Scottish Government how it helps families to meet the cost of a child starting school.
Gillian Martin S5O-03386
5. To ask the Scottish Government how it is ensuring that there is the skills base to deliver the transformational change required to address the climate emergency.
Ruth Maguire S5O-03387
6. To ask the Scottish Government what assessment it has made of the potential impact on glass recycling rates of including glass containers in its planned deposit return scheme.
Edward Mountain S5O-03388
7. To ask the Scottish Government on what date it was first made aware of bullying in NHS Highland, and what action it took.
Tavish Scott S5O-03389
8. To ask the Scottish Government what progress is being made in developing coach park facilities for the Jarlshof site in Shetland.
Jenny Gilruth S5O-03390
9. To ask the Scottish Government how much pupil equity funding has been spent in the Mid Fife and Glenrothes constituency since its introduction.
Bill Kidd S5O-03391
10. To ask the Scottish Government what assistance it offers to community-based food banks.
12:00pm First Minister’s Questions
Ruth Davidson S5F-03412
1. Question to be taken in Chamber.
Richard Leonard S5F-03413
2. Question to be taken in Chamber.
Alison Johnstone S5F-03414
3. Question to be taken in Chamber.
Stuart McMillan S5F-03429
4. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government is doing to make people aware of scams, in light of reports that nearly half of people in Scotland have been targeted at least once in the last year.
Jamie Greene S5F-03416
5. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s response is to strike action taking place at Glasgow and Aberdeen airports.
Jackie Baillie S5F-03432
6. To ask the First Minister for what reason only £3.2 million out of a £200 million Scottish European Growth Co-Investment Programme has been spent in supporting Scottish businesses.
12:45pm Members’ Business
Gillian Martin S5M-17329 – World Environment Day 2019
That the Parliament welcomes World Environment Day 2019, which will be marked on 5 June; notes the recent publication of the report, Scotland’s Nature on Red Alert, by Scottish Environment LINK, which highlights the potential impact of climate change on Scotland’s biodiversity; understands that almost one-in-ten Scottish species are at risk of extinction, and applauds the work of MSPs who work as species champions to protect Scotland’s wildlife and to help raise awareness of threatened species in their regions and constituencies.
Broadcasting Scotland is a new broadcaster for Scotland, producing programmes from a Scottish perspective, targeting audiences, inside Scotland and beyond. We can only be the independent TV channel you want with your support, so please consider becoming a Broadcasting Scotland Supporter. Click here for more information.