Parliament Live from Holyrood – 20/02/2020
Parliament Live from Holyrood with Portfolio Questions, followed by the Stage 3 Proceedings of the Scottish Elections (Franchise and Representation) Bill.
2:00pm Portfolio Questions – Government Business and Constitutional Relations
Patrick Harvie S5O-04137
1. To ask the Scottish Government what plans it has for a new Constitutional Convention.
Jamie Greene S5O-04138
2. To ask the Scottish Government whether all existing commitments from current and previous ministers to give evidence to parliamentary committees will be met.
Rachael Hamilton S5O-04139
3. To ask the Scottish Government what assessment it has made of potential customs checks on the Scotland-England border, in light of comments by the First Minister during an address at the
European Policy Centre.
Adam Tomkins S5O-04140
4. To ask the Scottish Government when it last met UK ministers to discuss post-Brexit international trade policy.
Sandra White S5O-04141
5. To ask the Scottish Government what engagement it has had with the UK Government on providing young people with clarity regarding whether they will continue to have access to the Erasmus+ programme following Brexit.
John Finnie S5O-04142
6. To ask the Scottish Government what communication it has had from the UK Government on how it will protect Scotland’s crofters in upcoming trade deal talks with the EU.
Sarah Boyack S5O-04143
7. To ask the Scottish Government what steps it is taking to ensure that EU powers that related to devolved matters are devolved to the Scottish Parliament.
Mark Griffin S5O-04144
8. To ask the Scottish Government for what reason it plans to increase spending in the Government Business and Constitutional Relations portfolio by £4 million in 2020-21.
Stage 3 Proceedings =Graeme Dey S5M-20923 – Scottish Elections (Franchise and Representation) Bill
That the Parliament agrees that, during stage 3 of the Scottish Elections (Franchise and Representation) Bill, debate on groups of amendments shall, subject to Rule 9.8.4A, be brought to a conclusion by the time limits indicated, those time limits being calculated from when the stage begins and excluding any periods when other business is under consideration or when a meeting of the Parliament is suspended (other than a suspension following the first division in the stage being called) or otherwise not in progress:
Groups 1 and 2: 45 minutes
Groups 3 to 5: 1 hour 40 minutes.
Michael Russell S5M-20922 – Scottish Elections (Franchise and Representation) Bill
That the Parliament agrees that the Scottish Elections (Franchise and Representation) Bill be passed.
Legislative Consent Motion – Humza Yousaf S5M-20921 – Terrorist Offenders (Restriction of Early Release) Bill – UK Legislation
That the Parliament agrees that the relevant provisions of the Terrorist Offenders (Restriction of Early Release) Bill, introduced in the House of Commons on 11 February 2020, relating to Scottish Ministers’ power to refer prisoners to the Parole Board, Scottish Ministers’ power to release prisoners when recommended to do so by the Parole Board and disapplication of certain powers held by Scottish Ministers’ in respect of the early release of prisoners, so far as these matters alter the executive competence of Scottish Ministers, should be considered by the UK Parliament.
5:00pm Decision Time
Broadcasting Scotland is a new broadcaster for Scotland, producing programmes from a Scottish perspective, targeting audiences, inside Scotland and beyond. We can only be the independent TV channel you want with your support, so please consider becoming a Broadcasting Scotland Supporter. Click here for more information.