Parliament Live from Holyrood – 19/03/2020
Parliament Live from Holyrood with Portfolio Questions, followed by Ministerial Statements on coronavirus COVID-19 and the Stage 3 Proceedings of the Female Genital Mutilation (Protection and Guidance) (Scotland) Bill.
1:45pm Portfolio Questions – Economy, Fair Work and Culture
Colin Smyth S5O-04286
1. To ask the Scottish Government what assessment it has made of the effectiveness of the Fair Work Framework in delivering collective bargaining and trade union recognition.
Sarah Boyack S5O-04288
3. To ask the Scottish Government what steps it takes to ensure that its labour market strategy protects the rights and pay of people in sectors perceived as undervalued or insecure.
Monica Lennon S5O-04290
5. To ask the Scottish Government what meetings it has had with the STUC regarding the potential impact of the coronavirus, COVID-19, on the workforce, including those who will require sick leave.
Michelle Ballantyne S5O-04292
7. To ask the Scottish Government what role it has in promoting the uptake of UK Government employability services.
Pauline McNeill S5O-04293
8. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to reported concerns that the suspension of grants by Scottish Enterprise is because of organisational mismanagement and not success in stimulating demand for strategic investment.
Ministerial Statement: Education – COVID-19
Ministerial Statement: UK Coronavirus Legislation
Stage 3 Proceedings – Graeme Dey S5M-21307 – Female Genital Mutilation (Protection and Guidance) (Scotland) Bill
That the Parliament agrees that, during stage 3 of the Female Genital Mutilation (Protection and Guidance) (Scotland) Bill, debate on groups of amendments shall, subject to Rule 9.8.4A, be brought to a conclusion by the time limit indicated, that time limit being calculated from when the stage begins and excluding any periods when other business is under consideration or when a meeting of the Parliament is suspended (other than a suspension following the first division in the stage being called) or otherwise not in progress:
Groups 1 to 3: 1 hour.
Christina McKelvie S5M-21279 – Female Genital Mutilation (Protection and Guidance) (Scotland) Bill
That the Parliament agrees that the Female Genital Mutilation (Protection and Guidance) (Scotland) Bill be passed.
5:00pm Decision Time
You can find the latest NHS Scotland Coronavirus COVID-19 information here
Broadcasting Scotland is a new broadcaster for Scotland, producing programmes from a Scottish perspective, targeting audiences, inside Scotland and beyond. We can only be the independent TV channel you want with your support, so please consider becoming a Broadcasting Scotland Supporter. Click here for more information.