First Minister’s Questions, live from the Scottish Parliament in Holyrood.
Scottish Parliament – First Minister’s Questions.
Join us for First Minister’s Questions, live from the Scottish Parliament in Holyrood.
11:40am General Questions
Maureen Watt S5O-03761
1. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to reports of women, including single mothers, resorting to so-called survival sex because their universal credit payments do not cover the basic needs of daily living.
Jeremy Balfour S5O-03762
2. To ask the Scottish Government what support it can provide to the owners of properties, including in the Western Harbour development in Edinburgh, who are facing difficulties in trying to sell or remortgage because their homes have aluminium cladding.
David Torrance S5O-03764
4. To ask the Scottish Government what steps it is taking to raise awareness among young people of their employment rights.
5. [Not Lodged]
Brian Whittle S5O-03766
6. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to support the delivery of mental health services delivered by third sector organisations.
Bruce Crawford S5O-03767
7. To ask the Scottish Government how many people in the Stirling constituency have received a crisis grant through the Scottish Welfare Fund.
Jenny Gilruth S5O-03768
8. To ask the Scottish Government how it is tackling poverty and inequality.
Michelle Ballantyne S5O-03769
9. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to the review of the fire and electrical systems and medical gas installations at the Royal Hospital for Children and Young People.
Miles Briggs S5O-03770
10. To ask the Scottish Government what information it has on the number of operations that have taken place in the private healthcare sector since 2007.
12:00pm First Minister’s Questions
Jackson Carlaw S5F-03706
1. Question to be taken in the Chamber.
Richard Leonard S5F-03707
2. Question to be taken in the Chamber.
Patrick Harvie S5F-03708
3. Question to be taken in the Chamber.
Willie Rennie S5F-03709
4. Question to be taken in the Chamber.
Gillian Martin S5F-03716
5. To ask the First Minister what action the Scottish Government is taking to promote equal pay among men and women.
Brian Whittle S5F-03719
6. To ask the First Minister what action the Scottish Government is taking to reduce levels of diabetes, heart disease and stroke among over 65s.
12:45pm Members’ Business – Ruth Maguire S5M-19205
Day of the Imprisoned Writer
That the Parliament recognises 15 November as the Day of the Imprisoned Writer, a day to stand in solidarity with writers across the globe who have been persecuted, exiled, imprisoned and killed for expressing themselves; notes with grave concern the continued decline in free expression across the globe, as documented by organisations such as PEN International, Amnesty International, the Committee to Protect Journalists, ARTICLE 19 and Reporters without Borders; acknowledges what it sees as global efforts by state and non-state actors to attack and silence writers and journalists; recognises the impact of censorship on writers that restricts the free exchange of ideas and the unhampered transmission of thought; notes the importance of protecting the right to free expression for all, irrespective of background or identity; notes how a climate of impunity threatens both global free expression and trust in systems of justice; notes calls for governments around the world to guarantee justice for murdered, persecuted and imprisoned writers; supports initiatives to secure adequate protections for persecuted and imprisoned writers; commemorates writers who have been killed for exercising their right to freedom of expression, and finally, notes calls for the Day of the Imprisoned Writer to be officially recognised by the Parliament.
Broadcasting Scotland is a new broadcaster for Scotland, producing programmes from a Scottish perspective, targeting audiences, inside Scotland and beyond. We can only be the independent TV channel you want with your support, so please consider becoming a Broadcasting Scotland Supporter. Click here for more information.